Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preperation for interviews
Hi all,
I am learning MT and its really hard for me to get pass marks for each tests at the first attempt for each chapter..
I think it is because I am learning from home..
I fear now will I be able to face the interview?
Please give me some tips for the interview and how the interview will be..
What they expect from me?
They ask questions or transcription tests they conduct or how it will be?
Please help me..
Hi,

It is simple. You apply for a test. You are called for the interview. You meet the HR. He/she/it asks simple questions just to pass time until the test is ready for you to do, or in another variation, you are asked to wait outside while they set up the test. You give the test. You are told you will be called back. If the urgency is there, perhaps they will call you, if not, you wait, and you wait, and you wait for their call. Then if they do not call, you can safely assume your resume is in the if-needed-call-this-xxx-and go through the process of hiring all over again. I got a call from some company I had applied 2 years ago and I kind of went "duhhhhhhhhh". Got a good laugh.

Seriously, my advise for what it is worth is start working in-house. You will pick up a lot of tips and experience for at least 6 months if not more. If you are good, then 6 months is good enough if you are allowed by the office to work at home. Otherwise, I would suggest a minimum of 1 year in-house.

You simply cannot get the experience needed to start working at home from scratch. The more you are exposed to different accounts/accents, the better you will become.

Please do not think I am discouraging you. I just hope to give you the general idea. All the best in your work.
Thank you.. Yes I will follow your advise and work for at-least 1 year in-house to gain experience..
If possible will work for more than 1 year..
Your advise is actually encouraging and polite..
I agree with themt10. Work for at least 1-2 years to gain experience but most importantly to increase your self-confidence that you can work at home. Mostly it is just a transcription test but some "branded" companies might make you undertake Language of Medicine and English skill test. All the best in this field.

Seema
Thanks Cema,
My mindset is changing now to work for atleast one year and then work from home.
And thanks for the wishes.
good work guys sharing ideas in a polite way keeps up the harmony of this forum hope this continues henceforth
BUT THERE ARE ,MANY SUCH JACKASS THAT CERTAINLY SPOIL THE PLACE WITH THERE PRESENCE. I AM TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED WITH IT
my dear friend rocky pls just see the whole whiteness of the paper and not the black dot which is tiny and IGNORABLE. there are certain ppl in the world who are incorrigible and their modus operandi is demotivation but self realization is what matters bottom line .

ps: folks i am not pointing out any particular individual
(31-05-2013, 11:07 PM)mtjobseeker1975 Wrote: my dear friend rocky pls just see the whole whiteness of the paper and not the black dot which is tiny and IGNORABLE. there are certain ppl in the world who are incorrigible and their modus operandi is demotivation but self realization is what matters bottom line .

ps: folks i am not pointing out any particular individual

Actually, such people are more than a black dot. They are a couple of lines in your prickly white paper. You are right about ignoring them though. When you can't stand up to them, best ignore them.

(31-05-2013, 04:18 PM)rockyarora Wrote: BUT THERE ARE ,MANY SUCH JACKASS THAT CERTAINLY SPOIL THE PLACE WITH THERE PRESENCE. I AM TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED WITH IT

You are a fool. I don't have any authority, otherwise I would certify that.