Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jobrapido
Hi All,

I have been visiting this site called Jobrapido, quite an interesting one in fact. I have become a member and have seen some very good job offers. These jobs pop up about 2-3 times a week. For instance, there were 6 jobs today after a gap of 5 days from the previous offers.

Jobs deal with medical (fewer I am afraid), legal, business, data entry and general transcription.

Now the catch is this: All jobs are to be bid for. Some of them looked quite attractive too, so I thought I would share this information with you guys too. Most of these jobs are open to anyone and not restricted to Americans or foreigners. Anyone can apply.

I am hoping people out there will go for it and give all of us feedback.

You will probably wonder why I have not done anything about it. Well, matter of fact, I did try a couple and did not make it. BUT, I did it half-heartedly since I am happily engaged in regular work till my afternoon leaving only my evenings free for part-time work, which may not be acceptable by most employers.

Anyway, please understand that I am only trying to do the needful and see if it benefits anyone who is good at medical transcription, legal, data entry, etc. etc. and meet the requirements requested by the potential employees.

This is an example of a job offer I saw:

We are a rapidly growing Canadian-based transcription company specializing in legal and general transcription. We are looking for transcriptionists to join our team. You must be articulate, possess excellent spelling and grammar skills, typing speed of 65 words per minute or more and strive for only the best result. Our rate is per page and by the minute, depending on the project. You will be required to submit an online test prior to employment. Training is provided for court legal transcripts.
Kudos for your effort... I hope freshers could benefit from it where they can take it up parttime and earn more..... would it be possible for you to post good offers by MT companies for our HBT colleagues?
(05-06-2013, 08:29 AM)siby Wrote: Kudos for your effort... I hope freshers could benefit from it where they can take it up parttime and earn more..... would it be possible for you to post good offers by MT companies for our HBT colleagues?

I will definitely post MT jobs if I do come across any. But I really wonder if anyone will take the trouble of doing research and see what this site is all about.

My thought is this: With MT jobs pretty much in the same rut, why not try to diversify to other lines like general transcription and/or legal transcription? I personally dislike general transcription where a dozen people babble all at the same time and you have to strain to distinguish who says what and what is essentially required for transcribing. But then, it is my personal view and not a general view. I prefer dictation by a single doctor as in medical transcription. I am not at all sure what the legal transcription scene is like. If anyone doing this cares to throw some light on this, I would be greatly obliged. I find anything legal fascinating.

By the way, would you know of any other worthwhile MT sites? From what I see, this one seems to be the only active forum, though I see quite a few jobs in IndeedIndia.com.