Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to find trustworthy company?
Hi all,
I am new to this forum and currently doing MT online course..
I can see many job openings posted here.. Shy
Are all these companies genuine and can I apply to all these companies once I finish my course?Huh
Please help me.. I am very happy to see more number of job openings here Big Grin and I am confident now to get a good job after my course..
Thanks in advance..
(09-04-2013, 02:06 PM)tc.bhuvana Wrote: Hi all,
I am new to this forum and currently doing MT online course..
I can see many job openings posted here.. Shy
Are all these companies genuine and can I apply to all these companies once I finish my course?Huh
Please help me.. I am very happy to see more number of job openings here Big Grin and I am confident now to get a good job after my course..
Thanks in advance..

Hi Bhuvana,

A friendly word of advice.

DO NOT opt directly for HBT.  Being a fresher, you will need to learn a lot of things which you can pick up only in an office.  I would suggest you start working for a small MT company where the demand and strain will be far less and your mistakes will be tolerated with the view that you will pick up things gradually.  It will be tough at the beginning.  Once you have settled down for about six months, move on if you think you are stagnating.  If you can stick around for about 1-2 years, you should be confident enough to opt for HBT. 

DO NOT join any big companies.  They will eat you up for breakfast with their 99+ accuracy, targets, politics etc. etc.  I have seen quite a few starters quitting suddenly unable to take the pressure.  One guy I know opened a paan shop and even gives medical advice to his customers for free and another is planning to open a tea shop and dreaming of becoming the US president in the 2016 elections.

If you are determined enough and have the will power, you will come up.  There is a big shortage of talented MTs and you should come up fast.

Hope this helps.

Take care.
Hi Bhuvana!
As said Nuance gives good exposure to the newcomers. But do not plan to stick to it forever as the targets and other criterion keep changing without notice. Learn as much as you can, I mean all types of reports, and if possible, all types of dictations as at the end of 3-year career you find only the tough ones in your kitty apart from lead and other roles before becoming a HBT. After the training the real challenge starts. So make best use of Nuance and Mmodal training.
Hope this message is sent out for all new comers.
-