Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time Stamp Macro for Express Scribe
For MS Word 2003 running on Win 7 SP1 I am looking for a time stamp macro for Express Scribe with the options of it being with and without brackets, and also plain and bold. It should have no more than two digits before and after the decimal. This is required for medical transcription.

Some providers demand that the time stamp should be within brackets and some without brackets. Some demand that the time stamp should be in bold and others otherwise.
(30-04-2015, 02:25 AM)gspal Wrote: Select Options menu, go to Display change Position Format to minConfusedec, In Prefix type opening brackets( and type 5 or whatever underscores as blanks and in Suffix type closing brackets ).  Now select OK.  Again in the Options menu, Display, under Hotkeys option select the function key e.g. F3 or whatever of your choice and say change.  Under Command select Copy Time. Then click Change and select OK.

Hope this works.  Otherwise u can do ggogle search for more details.
(01-05-2015, 11:32 PM)LEE76 Wrote:
(30-04-2015, 02:25 AM)gspal Wrote: Select Options menu, go to Display change Position Format to minConfusedec, In Prefix type opening brackets( and type 5 or whatever underscores as blanks and in Suffix type closing brackets ).  Now select OK.  Again in the Options menu, Display, under Hotkeys option select the function key e.g. F3 or whatever of your choice and say change.  Under Command select Copy Time. Then click Change and select OK.

Hope this works.  Otherwise u can do ggogle search for more details.

Thanks Lee, but this mode is not available in ES 4.36 which I use offline and gives superb audio quality.
For timestamping I do not use that of ES, but a visual basic dot file. I have forgotten how to edit the same. For now it works with timestamp within brackets, but I wonder how to edit the same to have other options. The forum does not seem to allow for me to attach the file here. It is available at Time Stamping.zip.