Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how and where to start??
hello all.. i am new here and don't know how and where to start.. i have heard about azimuth academy and hqmt for online mt course.. is it safe to invest in online training?? i am a homoeopath.. already have some knowledge in medicine.. if it is teally possible tht after completion of my course, i can earn money online.. pls guide
please check for the article in the ARTICLE section. It's a struggling profession. still if interested can take up course with ACUSIS, that has comprehensive training program, but MY suggestion is NOT to hemeopathy, since now it is highly demanded profession WITH HOMEO INTERNATIONAL and all. MT can be taken up as part time but best is to stay away from it.
i have a child with special needs so i dont have any other other than work from home
(03-05-2015, 09:13 AM)LEE76 Wrote: please check for the article in the ARTICLE section.  It's a struggling profession.  still if interested can take up course with ACUSIS, that has comprehensive training program, but MY suggestion is NOT to hemeopathy, since now it is highly demanded profession WITH HOMEO  INTERNATIONAL and all.  MT can be taken up as part time but best is to stay away from it.

From what you say I am led to understand that MT is worthless field, is this right? 
Seeking HBT jobs.
(03-05-2015, 10:01 AM)mtjobseekers Wrote:
(03-05-2015, 09:13 AM)LEE76 Wrote: please check for the article in the ARTICLE section.  It's a struggling profession.  still if interested can take up course with ACUSIS, that has comprehensive training program, but MY suggestion is NOT to hemeopathy, since now it is highly demanded profession WITH HOMEO  INTERNATIONAL and all.  MT can be taken up as part time but best is to stay away from it.

From what you say I am led to understand that MT is worthless field, is this right? 
mtjobseekers,

Instead of asking around and putting up so many posts, I would recommend you go to any MT training institutions around where you live and find out for yourself what it is all about. if still interested, try to approach any MT company and ask if you could join them and pick up the ropes.  If you still feel you have it in you then continue with them for at least six months.  If you show good potential, the office will take you on a regular basis sooner.  Good and hardworking MTs are hard to come by and you can easily become indispensable.

Bluntly speaking, it is going to very, very tough but not impossible.  It all depends on how  how fast you can pick up and especially how good your English is.  Obviously, you need to be trained and pick up MT stuff at an office.  You cannot sit at home and wait for jobs to fall into your lap.  As for age, yes it could be an impediment but not impossible. If you are good, age is not going to be too great a hindrance.

Lastly, DO NOT JOIN ANY TRAINING INSTITUTE ASKING FOR MONEY.  They are out there just to mint money and churning out "MTs" on a crash course.  I know, as long ago I too joined one and got to know this goes on in other training institutions.  You cannot expect to be an transcriptionist in two months or whatever.  The only way you can learn is working in an office and learning with the help of others.  No online course or crash course will enable you to pick up stuff to help you do a faster and accurate job. However, there are plenty of helpful MT-related articles including dictionaries, audio samples, forums etc. etc. to help starters in the internet.  You could go over it too.

If after all this you still are inclined to become an MT, then go for it.  Just be aware that you will need to have done at least two years of hard work before you start earning anything decent.

As the saying goes, "where there is a will, there is a way"

Regards.
I appreciate your reply.
I do not know of MT companies in Mumbai.
Do you know from where I could get a list?
Thanks a lot.
Regards.
Seeking HBT jobs.

thanks for your advise lee
pls suggest some online course and if it is safe to invest in such online course? pls pls
Give a screening test for selection to our training course. If it is okay, then we proceed to check with various technical factors necessary at your workplace.

We need committed people who can go according with official agreement. One cannot /should not move off without serving notice period.

Paid training and free training with guaranteed service agreement basis both available. We also provide CPU, UPS on EMI basis to help the poor and needy eligible verified candidates only on agreement basis.

Send mail to transitsolutions.bnglr@gmail.com if you are ready to take up screening test for MT training.
(03-05-2015, 02:03 PM)mtjobseekers Wrote: I appreciate your reply.
I do not know of MT companies in Mumbai.
Do you know from where I could get a list?
Thanks a lot.
Regards.

"......However, there are plenty of helpful MT-related articles including dictionaries, audio samples, forums etc. etc. to help starters in the internet." Themt10 has advised appropriately. You may download the lot which includes audio samples, etc. for free from my site after becoming a free member where you can also search for Stedmans / Stedman's electronic word finders. Also visit Free Medical Transcription Tutorials where, in addition, you will come to know about equipments like foot pedals, amp, headphones, etc. And, never forget to visit Mr. A.K. Mohan Kumar's website.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hw to start up a new MT firm shreei 4 10,903 24-11-2013, 05:18 AM
Last Post: venugopalarao