Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Acusis feedback
PAYMENTS
• Really the ONLY, ONLY thing I did not have an issue with – the peanuts drop into your bank basket punctually every month even if it is only by the 11th!!!

RATES
Rates were never revised in the time I was there - have very likely not been revised even ever since Acusis was set up in 2001 

HT 

Quality %
Productivity Lines per Day            85 -89.9        90-94.9        95-97.9      98 and above 
1-275                                        0.6               0.7               0.85          1
276-450                                     0.6               0.75             0.9            1.05
451-600                                     0.6               0.8              0.9            1.05
601-750                                      0.6              0.8             0.95            1.15
751+                                          0.6               0.8            1                  2

• Note the random/erratic matrix – rates do not increase some places even if slab changes 
• Note that the calculation is on a daily basis so even if you do 750 x 2 = 1500 lines a day you will be paid at the same rate as somebody who did 750 lines 

DU – additional payments 

# of doctors transcribed per month (at least 1 file per month) 
EPT                                       SILVER (1-5 doctors) GOLD (5-30 doctors) PLATINUM (30+ doctors)
From    To 
0         0                                 0.25                       0.35                       0.45
0.01     2.49                             0.20                       0.30                      0.40
2.50    4.99                              0.15                      0.25                       0.35
5        7.49                              0.10                      0.20                        0.30
7.50    9.99                             0.05                      0.15                        0.25
10       12.49                                                       0.10                        0.20
12.50  14.99                                                        0.05                       0.15
15 >15                                                                                               0.10

• never come across such a system in any other company 
• note that even if you touch 100+ doctors (like me and at least 1 colleague used to) you are paid same rate as an MT who touches just 30
• there is absolutely no guarantee from Acusis as to whether the doctors who send dictations one month will turn up with even a couple of files the next – if they do not your only option is to add another account – when they introduced VRE the # of doctors literally overnight dropped in my account to about half – whether and how this was related to VRE was unclear although I suspect it had something to do with EMR – Acusis of course feigned ignorance

FILE ALLOCATION 

• Files in your account(s) are in a single pool with access to every MT who does that account 
o Whenever the files bleed any MT can come pick up the easiest ones – the software does not impose any restrictions – the rules they prescribe are just on paper 
o They might very well bleed at unearthly hours – even if you work nights because of this you will be paid day rates 
o the pool is shared by MTs in the Philippines which is a few hours ahead time-wise so they have a jumpstart access everyday 

SOFTWARE 

• VRE (that thing!!!) - quality so pathetic better off transcribing afresh – does not even take care of even basic formatting or headings – replete with nonsensical phrases – did not use the VRE text in a single file I did – frankly this was anticipated based on my previous general experience with them 
• Software is pathetic enough that you wonder why they even bother to develop the thing in-house – there are practically no useful shortcuts – to think that they charge Rs 10K for this junk at the time of joining 
• I upgraded my hardware to a dual core processor with Win7 – all applications ran faster … except AcuSuite 
• They have a systems administration department that knows practically nothing of use to MTs so much so I and my colleagues used to sort out our tech problems ourselves instead of asking them 

LEAVE 
• What leave ???!!! – even sick leave is granted only in part 
• They send a mail before each Indian holiday to remind you to “work for the sake of customer satisfaction” 

QUALITY 
• A brief review of the samples will leave no doubt as to the quality about which they nonetheless keep shouting from the rooftops 
• I really have no reason to believe their QA assessment was reasonable 

GENERAL 
• Overall their functioning is so very lousy one wonders if it is easier dealing with a government department instead
(21-10-2015, 10:15 PM)Accuse-is Wrote: PAYMENTS
• Really the ONLY, ONLY thing I did not have an issue with – the peanuts drop into your bank basket punctually every month even if it is only by the 11th!!!

Thanks for the information. It was not like this earlier. It is better to work for third party vendors than this now un-reputed Accusis. Members should continue to post how good or bad a company is for HMT.
(27-10-2015, 11:01 PM)jutamaro Wrote:
(21-10-2015, 10:15 PM)Accuse-is Wrote: PAYMENTS

Thanks for the information. It was not like this earlier. It is better to work for third party vendors than this now un-reputed Accusis. Members should continue to post how good or bad a company is for HMT.

Hi: Any more feedbacks will be appreciated.
How come this company did not close down or get sold over to another group (going the way of HealthScribe/HeartLand/CBay)?! What started with big fanfare and did well initially seems to be another company managed and run by a bunch of butt**holes. Some of the higher management persons (call scoundrels) are NOT EVEN from MT field!