Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Budget Smartphones
Most of you MTs must be having great smartphones. I am stuck with an antique Sony Ericsson feature phone and 'am unable to decide on a cheap Android smartphone for myself. I am looking for an Android around 5-7k that is serviceable cheap all over India, has removable powerful quick charging battery, great 4-5" scratch/smudge proof multi-angle display, 2GB RAM, good processor, dual SIM, 4G LTE VoLTE & VoWIFI enabled, FM, very clear loud sound (even to awaken the dead), USB connection, minimum 16GB ROM (internal storage), at least 5MP front and rear cameras with the rear one having flash for low light/indoor conditions, minimum applications preloaded (I hate bloatware), covering all Indian bands and frequencies for 3G and 4G auctioned todate by DoT/TRAI including proposed 700mHz in March 2016, with plenty of sensors. It should last me for some years. I promise to buy an extra battery just in case.

Thanks in advance.
Have been using Redmi 1s and happy with it. Great features at a low price. Go for Redmi 2 Prime, which is the latest model, priced 7k. Available on Flipkart and Amazon. If you want a bigger screen, then it would be Redmi Note Prime, priced 8k.
MT Forum is the India's largest Medical Transcriptionists Community.  Proud to be a member of it and let your colleagues know about it.
(24-02-2016, 08:56 PM)admin Wrote: Have been using Redmi 1s and happy with it. Great features at a low price. Go for Redmi 2 Prime, which is the latest model, priced 7k. Available on Flipkart and Amazon. If you want a bigger screen, then it would be Redmi Note Prime, priced 8k.

Redmi 2 Prime does not support VoLTE or VoWi-Fi. Again, for 4G LTE it supports only band 2 (1800mHz) and band 40 (2300 mHz). No support for band 20 (800mHz) that is required in my UP-East along with band 40 that Jio has won spectrum. Lower the frequency better the penetration. Otherwise, Redmi 2 Prime is a great phone. Read about it.
Oh...my bad. Just needed 3G support for the work when traveling, so Redmi 1s served that best. Jio seems to be the next hot topic in mobile internet. Heard they will come up with a cheap 4G-ready mobile.
MT Forum is the India's largest Medical Transcriptionists Community.  Proud to be a member of it and let your colleagues know about it.
(26-02-2016, 08:44 PM)admin Wrote: Oh...my bad. Just needed 3G support for the work when traveling, so Redmi 1s served that best. Jio seems to be the next hot topic in mobile internet. Heard they will come up with a cheap 4G-ready mobile.

What would be the opinion of members for Xolo ERA X launched in Jan 2016 which is priced at Rs5777 with Android Lollipop 5.1 with guaranteed update of Android 6 Marshmallow, 4G VoLTE on 3 bands, dual SIM (4G+4G one at a time can support 4G), 5" HD Display with gorilla glass, 2GB RAM, 8GB ROM expandable to 32GB, microUSB port for charging and data transfers, 2500mAh removable battery, 8MP rear with flash and 5MP front cameras, K-class amplifier and Box loudspeakers that enhances  music, etc. It is available only in Black with multilingual support for regional languages of India. Is this a durable phone to last some years like feature phones? With it one can buy a spare battery for Rs442 and spare charger for Rs112, just in case.

Better than the crappy, in specs and price, VoLTE JIO LYF Flame 1 of 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM, 2000mAh battery priced at Rs6500. All of the launched LYF phones are getting bad reviews for their specs and price.
Xolo build quality does not look good.

Check the new Redmi Note 3 specs: http://www.mi.com/in/note3/specs/
(07-03-2016, 11:47 AM)admin Wrote: Xolo build quality does not look good.

Check the new Redmi Note 3 specs: http://www.mi.com/in/note3/specs/

Got myself a Lenovo K3 Note which was a "complicated guest" (for a first time user of a smartphone) for a while with me until my college kid ran off with it leaving behind her old 3G Samsung Core Prime Duo. Awaiting Lollipop update, which has been released worldwide. Now what I am waiting for is Reliance Jio to launch their pebble size Mi-Fi that provides 4G Wi-Fi connectivity to multiple digital users. BSNL is just Besharam Migam ltd with its unlimited landline broadband as it is frequently down with no customer care.