Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
patch file for sp3
Hi

can anyone help me to find patch file for SP3 to update SP2
Could you please elaborate more on your need, so that I can point you to the exact resource.
(08-02-2012, 06:29 PM)naveen Wrote: Could you please elaborate more on your need, so that I can point you to the exact resource.
Hello Naveen,
To work on Escription platform the min requirement is Windows XP3 with MS Office 2003. I have Windows XP2 & MS Office Pro 2003. So, how to upgrade to Win XP3 without allowing Microsoft to poke its nose in my computer to see what is licensed and what is not?
Also want to know whether the following softwares would work with Win XP3: Stedman's Medical Dict v6, Examine32 v4.31, Stedman's Abbreviations, various specialty Stedman's Word Finders v1.0, WordExpander, Instant Text Pro V?
Will integrated 24-bit sound be okay or would need a separate 16-bit sound card?
I assume that XP3 means XP Service Pack 3. You can download and install a standalone/network version of SP3 from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/...aspx?id=24

Turn "Automatic Updates" to "Notify me, but don't automatically download or install them." When it pops up with new updates and shows a WGA pack, uncheck that update and mark it as not to show in the future.

I am on XP SP3 and it runs all software smoothly. I never used Instant Text Pro though. Sound clarity was not at all a problem. If the audio files were low in voice, I used to increase the voice using the software WavePad (Free Version: http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/wpsetup.exe)
Thanks Naveen. Your reply would imply that I would need to uninstall XP Service Pack 2 and then install XP Service Pack 3. That would be plenty of work as I would have to format my Drive:C and install all my Stedman's and MS Office 2003 and ES & Wavepad and ... after installing XP service pack 3.
No need of uninstalling anything. Just run the package and it will update the Service Pack.

(07-02-2014, 11:24 PM)gspal Wrote: Thanks Naveen. Your reply would imply that I would need to uninstall XP Service Pack 2 and then install XP Service Pack 3. That would be plenty of work as I would have to format my Drive:C and install all my Stedman's and MS Office 2003 and ES & Wavepad and ... after installing XP service pack 3.
(07-02-2014, 11:48 PM)naveen Wrote: No need of uninstalling anything. Just run the package and it will update the Service Pack.

(07-02-2014, 11:24 PM)gspal Wrote: Thanks Naveen. Your reply would imply that I would need to uninstall XP Service Pack 2 and then install XP Service Pack 3. That would be plenty of work as I would have to format my Drive:C and install all my Stedman's and MS Office 2003 and ES & Wavepad and ... after installing XP service pack 3.

I was about to edit my reply post after reading the White Paper on Win Service Pack 3 that 'SP3 is cumulative, so users can install SP3 on top of Windows XP SP1 or SP2' when you replied.Wink However, from the Download Center, the download size is approximately 580 MB! I would rather buy the CD from my Computer shop. The CD would cost just Rs20.
Well Naveen I have upgraded to Windows XP Service Pack 3 from the CD I got for Rs20. "Killed" IE7 as I use FF v26 as my browser. "Killed" Windows Media Player 11 so that all files open in ES v5.13 where I have been able to setup my serial port 3-step footpedal. Despite IE7 installed I am yet able to use my old obsolete 2005 Quick Look Drug Reference by running it in compatibility mode of Windows 2000 though with IT Pro V it is rarely required.
However, the link that you have provided for WavePad links to v5.67+ which is a trial version.

Whenever, I upgrade to Win 7 or latest versions of o/s I would prefer to install another HDD so that I can switch back and forth with Win XP3.
I think aAfter the trial expires, it shows an option to downgrade to make it free. See what it says after the trial expires.
Please provide link of software for Stedman's Word Finders v1.0 and WordExpander.