Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miserable life of MTs
Guys, when I started MT, there was only one software, i.e., MS Word, but till date arguably it is the most convenient software for any MT. Earlier, the MTs work life suffered a little only because of tough dictators, but these days, every day is a struggle for an MT because of the arrival of many online platforms. In some, voice does not play even if you toggle from the typing space, some dont allow you to copy paste, which is very vital for speed, and in some, we need to keep the play button of the foot pedal pressed in order to play the voice, leading to foot pain within just an hour. Samples are Not given in bulk these days so as to be used in Examine 32, which is very very vital for any MT. Add to these difficulties, the Voice Recognition software, which not only types out rubbish, but has reduced the MTs pay and the huge targets we need to achieve in a day.

Guys, join/pursue MT only if you need pocket money. Angel
(07-07-2014, 10:33 AM)Mavrash Wrote: Guys, when I started MT, there was only one software, i.e., MS Word, but till date arguably it is the most convenient software for any MT. Earlier, the MTs work life suffered a little only because of tough dictators, but these days, every day is a struggle for an MT because of the arrival of many online platforms. In some, voice does not play even if you toggle from the typing space, some dont allow you to copy paste, which is very vital for speed, and in some, we need to keep the play button of the foot pedal pressed in order to play the voice, leading to foot pain within just an hour. Samples are Not given in bulk these days so as to be used in Examine 32, which is very very vital for any MT. Add to these difficulties, the Voice Recognition software, which not only types out rubbish, but has reduced the MTs pay and the huge targets we need to achieve in a day.

Guys, join/pursue MT only if you need pocket money. Angel

Further there is no job security. They started home transcription saying it is convenient to work from home, but there is no job security. If you get jobs, you will get paid. Otherwise empty stomach. Now a days, the rates have improved and many companies are offering jobs with attractive offers, but all senior MTs echo Mavrash's opinion without any ambiguity.
The full form of 'MT' is EMPTY. The admin of this forum has time and again pointed out to look elsewhere rather than joining this low paid very professional occupation.
Smile 
I totally agree but without combined effort nothing is possible. I had already posted that we all need to be trained correctly for all platforms under one roof rather than running from pillar to post and doling out money to n number of institutes and lose precious time. All of us need to stand united and get ourselves well equipped and then step into the field. Many of us are now so stuck to this field they can hardly think of coming out of this drudgery. We should thank to this forum for making all their best efforts in educating and bring out the naked truth. Hope this message reaches out to all and every one needs to do their bit in helping their brethren.
As always saying goes there is sunshine at the end of every darkness, we all have our bloopers and work from home to keep our spirits light and high.
Choose medical transcription only if you have no other options in your life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Life of an MT... themt10@gmail.com 2 5,259 06-09-2016, 05:33 PM
Last Post: transmys