Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Home Based MTs and QAs
Let us not divert from the topic. Anyways, we cannot deviate from the law and do something for MTs as it is set by the Government authorities. If you do not want the TDS deduction, you can as well opt for PF and in that case there wouldn't be 10% deduction as TDS. However, still there would be PF deduction as well as PT deduction which is also mandatory. This again will come around 10%. Even NASSCOM is not related to the Income Tax rules set by the government.
How very exciting and interesting to see more people come forward with their comments.  This forum has now become far more lively now.

Lloydssolutions/Expert:

I have a very simple solution for all this to-and-froing.  How about simply increasing the salary/line counts to say Rs. 2.50-Rs. 3.00 per line for MTs?  How about Rs. 2.00 for the editors?  Naturally, you can demand 98-99.9% and more accuracy.  We can forget TSH, PF, NASSCOM, AS*HOLE, whatever, whatever.  I urge all potential employers to resist the need to make more money and give it to the hapless MTs. Sort of be an Indian Robbing Hood, uh sorry, Robin Hood.

This would give better incentives to the MTs who will kiss your imported footwear.  Also you will be a trendsetter and be able to get the best MT/editors in xyz companies to shamelessly rush up to sign up with you.  I can foresee your office opening branches all over India and our politicians will want to take selfies with you, the new kid in town.

Just a friendly thought, my friend, just a friendly thought.......
We would love to pay a higher rate to MTs or pass on any benefit to the MTs. However, the industry has gone in such a way that the clients try to lower the pay to the vendors and the vendors are facing increased pressure from always rising operational costs and salaries. Paying Rs 2 for editing is ruled out as companies does not get paid that much for editing. So how can the employer pay Rs 2 per line for editing? Also, you cannot bypass any law or rule set by the government. This is not just for the MT industry alone, but for all the industries.

Thank you,
Lloyds Solutions
This MT forum has more than 2500 members and many non-member MTs also see this forum but response to ongoing issues, problems of MTs from MT community very very weak. Out of 2500 members only 1% of people seems to respond to current issues. Senior and experienced people in the MT field seems to not responding to any issues. This is pathetic.

(30-06-2015, 08:39 PM)themt10@gmail.com Wrote: How very exciting and interesting to see more people come forward with their comments.  This forum has now become far more lively now.

Lloydssolutions/Expert:

I have a very simple solution for all this to-and-froing.  How about simply increasing the salary/line counts to say Rs. 2.50-Rs. 3.00 per line for MTs?  How about Rs. 2.00 for the editors?  Naturally, you can demand 98-99.9% and more accuracy.  We can forget TSH, PF, NASSCOM, AS*HOLE, whatever, whatever.  I urge all potential employers to resist the need to make more money and give it to the hapless MTs. Sort of be an Indian Robbing Hood, uh sorry, Robin Hood.

This would give better incentives to the MTs who will kiss your imported footwear.  Also you will be a trendsetter and be able to get the best MT/editors in xyz companies to shamelessly rush up to sign up with you.  I can foresee your office opening branches all over India and our politicians will want to take selfies with you, the new kid in town.

Just a friendly thought, my friend, just a friendly thought.......
So if we increase the MT rates, we can forget the statutory obligations??? Please be realistic.
Statutory obligations?  Realistic?  Buddy, consider this.

You talk of overheads and salaries something which is understood to be part of a business.  You cannot become a PM without learning how to make tea.  Now let us consider this scenario.

You are employing x number of staff who are either paid lowly salaries or paid for line counts which is rock bottom.  Now consider the per day generation of line counts by each MT/editor/QA, multiply that with x number of employees you have with the miserable Indian rupee rates you pathetically offer by way of salaries/line count after taking care of the office, rent, water for the miserable sweating transcriptionist, air conditioners (some offices turn it off after precisely 15 minutes 41 seconds to save on the electricity cost), tea for the staff etc. etc.  May be throw in some free meals (a luxury).  So in Indian rupees you are paying y amount out of your pocket as an advance against the $$$$$ you will be thrilled to get.

Again, I stress the fact that you are paying in Indian rupees for running your show.  But now what do you get in return?  Good old George Washington in bucketfuls.  All of the employers whine the business is down, things are no longer as good as it was before, wackawaka, but aaaah.. who does not like George Washington even if he is green in color and gives rupees in multitudes on exchange?

If things were down, why are you in this business of misery where you are purportedly not doing well?  In 1990, the dollar rate was Rs. 31 to the dollar and now today it is....?  No matter what the justification, you are laughing your way to the bank.  So don't give me crap that you are bound by " government rules."  It is not as if the MTs do not know this.  It is an open secret.

Do you take into consideration the fact that with what the MTs are being paid they are not able to make ends meet?  Consider what they are paid and the real world cost of living.  You, I think, need to be more realistic and understand where I am coming from.

All it needs is for you to change your mindset and ease the purse strings a lot more.  I did exaggerate the line count just to prod you into some reaction and you pretty much walked into it.

Nothing personal.  Just remember there are two sides to a coin.
You still did not answer my question on how increasing the rates can be used to bypass statutory regulations. Since you know everything, why don't you start an MT company as it is highly profitable?
Why all this hulla bulla.  The MT has to realize that money is needed to run a company and just as inflation hits the MTs, it also hits the companies.... they have to pay overheads which are rising.. even a chaprasi in the company will not settle for anything less than 10 K per month.... in this forum there are companies offering Re. 1.25 for editing in Escript platform.. if you are confident of giving sustained quality for for it.. but the mantra is sustained quality and high line count because the moment your quality dips you will be kicked out.. and if your line count drops even if your quality is good, then also you cannot earn much because your salary is liked to your line count.   The problem with MT industry is a lot of mediocre brains joined this field thinking that it was easy money where you have to listen and type some stuff... So the mantra to make money in MT is quality and line count only... and of course finding a company who pay the most .. Regarding the TDS, when you are working on a contract basis, the company can deduct 1%, but you have to pay the rest of the taxes by the financial year end... so dont think that you can blow all your money after 1% TDS and relax for life because you have to calculate and pay your taxes compulsorily.
Nowadays well experienced MTs are also forced to do night shifts mandatory by US companies because they pay less for day jobs. There is no pay hike in the last 5 years and it is stagnant but in the same time essential commodities' prices increased very much. In such a situation senior and well experienced MTs are also forced to do night shifts in order sustain living. There is no option left for MTs.

Regarding quality good dictations are needed to give good quality. So there is a need to set quality standard to dictating docotrs also. They only set quality criteria to MTs and force MTs to give 99% quality. They should ask the dictating doctors also to give 99% quality audio and set a quality criteria to doctors also. Some doctors are dictating very pathetically and they expect 99% quality. MTs are not gods to know what doctors saying in such situations. Companies should ask for more money for bad dictators which they are not doing. They only force MTs to give 99% quality with bad and horrible dictators. This is nothing but dictatorship. MTs are not slaves.
(30-06-2015, 06:19 PM)anand33 Wrote: The IT rule to deduct 10% TDS from all freelancers is nothing but stealing the bread of poor freelancers who are struggling to make their livelihood and it is not ethical.  So there is need to raise voice against such unethical rules.  It may be worth if the government make rule to deduct from those freelancers whose annual income from their professor crosses the income tax exemption limit of 2.5 lakhs per anum.  All should raise voice against such unethical rules to the government and the NASSCOM.

As far as I understand, TDS is tax deducted at source, for which employer must provide form 16 and you have to claim refund of any tax deducted from IT department at the end of financial year, which they will refund any undue tax money after assessing your annual income from all sources, investments, rebate, etc.  So why cry?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Home Based Transcription - Telugu ETTranscriptionServices 0 512 18-03-2024, 08:06 PM
Last Post: ETTranscriptionServices
Rainbow Medical General Transcription: Home Based Full Time MTs Required ETTranscriptionServices 0 745 08-12-2023, 02:56 PM
  WANTED GENERAL TRANSCRIPTION DIRECT UPLOAD MTs AND PROOFERS VASANTH MEDI-TRANS 0 1,854 13-03-2022, 10:28 AM
Last Post: VASANTH MEDI-TRANS
  SPD Solutions looking for home based Medical Transcriptionists espidihr 5 11,384 04-09-2020, 07:19 PM
Last Post: espidihr
Rainbow Assamese: Home Based General Transcription ETTranscriptionServices 0 2,265 14-08-2020, 12:33 AM