Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows XP
Now that XP is dead, is there anyway we can update it and move on to Windows 7 or 8 without shelling out too much or do we give the whole thing a decent burial and buy a new updated system? Strange no one is discussing this important issue. Would appreciate insights into this.

Thanks in advance.

Moderator, will you bury this too as you seem to be fond of doing whenever I reply on this forum? Last time someone had offered rates at 80p without space and I pointed out it would work out to 55p with space or equivalent. You fell over yourself to remove this. Why? I was not criticizing anyone. I was informing potential MTs who would join to know facts as they are. But then, you have also removed some of my previous postings too. You got any problems?
(17-04-2014, 07:06 AM)themt10@gmail.com Wrote: Now that XP is dead, is there anyway we can update it and move on to Windows 7 or 8 without shelling out too much or do we give the whole thing a decent burial and buy a new updated system? Strange no one is discussing this important issue. Would appreciate insights into this.

Thanks in advance.

Moderator, will you bury this too as you seem to be fond of doing whenever I reply on this forum? Last time someone had offered rates at 80p without space and I pointed out it would work out to 55p with space or equivalent. You fell over yourself to remove this. Why? I was not criticizing anyone. I was informing potential MTs who would join to know facts as they are. But then, you have also removed some of my previous postings too. You got any problems?

New operating systems being launched by Microsoft for their Windows is marketing talk for Americans only. For us Indian HMTs who earn in worthless paisas per line, the question of an operating system being dead or alive is of no consequence. Automatic updates via Firewall is kept off. Same is the case with MS Office and various Stedman's dictionaries and word finders and Adobe Readers. All that one needs to do is have a good Free anti-virus running with automatic updates. Also install Free manual Superantispyware and Free Malawarebytes anti-malaware that you update (say) once a week and scan your computer. You can get CD of Windows 7 with latest updates from your local "paan" shop for Rs20. I updated from Windows XP SP2 to SP3 for just Rs20. I may update to Windows 7 in my next life if I am still doing EMPTY as I work offline because of poor wireless broadband speed. However, if one needs to work on an online platform doing ARS files then one would need Windows 7 or Windows 8, but, again, one does not need to go the American way to buy a new licensed operating system; just contact your local "paan" shop. More assistance at http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/55321...tml?rnd=90. I think this post should be moved to the Resources Section if not the Lounge.
@themt10@gmail.com: There are several reasons as to why posts are getting deleted. In moderation, they might move from a wrong section to an appropriate section. Few companies go to the height of filing a cyber case or DMC with the host. So, instead of taking unnecessary burden, we right away delete them to avoid our site getting suspended. Site is run with a good intention to help the MTs. We don't have neither time nor resources to deal with these things. Hope you won't mind it as long as MT Forum helps with your job needs.
MT Forum is the India's largest Medical Transcriptionists Community.  Proud to be a member of it and let your colleagues know about it.
(17-04-2014, 07:06 AM)themt10@gmail.com Wrote: Now that XP is dead, is there anyway we can update it and move on to Windows 7 or 8 without shelling out too much or do we give the whole thing a decent burial and buy a new updated system? Strange no one is discussing this important issue. Would appreciate insights into this.

Thanks in advance.

Use internet. Go to torrent sites and download whatever software you want. Keep antivirus/antivirus softwares running as the above poster suggested.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Failure to Install Windows XP in new laptops Shri Reddy 2 8,770 02-12-2013, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Shri Reddy
  Windows XP and Office 2003 Keyboard Shortcuts dhanu 1 10,012 09-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Last Post: rockyarora