Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION FOR INDIAN HOSPITALS?
Thumbs Up 
Any body who came across medical transcription done for Indian hospitals?  If yes, please pass on the details. 

I would like to invite a discussion regarding this. 

Do we need this same format like rest of the countries or should we follow our own methodology of keeping records of the patients after seeing all the pitfalls and disputes in this industry?

Please pin down your own experiences, info without hurting anyone  as it will throw light to long pending debate of why WE do not have a strict system of HEALTH RECORD maintenance.

I came across one ad about a Hospital in Maharashtra offering the MT services for Indian doctors similar to other countries.

If it is true then what is their payment methodology, etc...

Keep posting good comments..
I know a big reputed hospital maintaining records for years, but it is manual. They assign a file to every patient and give the file ID with basic information in the form of an ID card to the patient. Whenever the patient goes to the hospital, he has to take prior appointment by phone and they will pull that file from their records room and send it to the doctor who is going to check you.

Never heard of Indian doctors requesting transcription services. God knows what they write on prescription. It can be read by only their own pharmacy.
MT Forum is the India's largest Medical Transcriptionists Community.  Proud to be a member of it and let your colleagues know about it.
Ward Secretary/ward/floor Coordinator/medical Transcriptionist/crc
Apollo Hospital. - Bangalore, Karnataka
(17-03-2015, 10:13 AM)admin Wrote: I know a big reputed hospital maintaining records for years, but it is manual. They assign a file to every patient and give the file ID with basic information in the form of an ID card to the patient. Whenever the patient goes to the hospital, he has to take prior appointment by phone and they will pull that file from their records room and send it to the doctor who is going to check you.

Never heard of Indian doctors requesting transcription services. God knows what they write on prescription. It can be read by only their own pharmacy.

More or less Indian Hospitals, to my observation, are also maintaining records similar to the US but not in a very precise manner as the US, reasons are many ...such as here our hospitals don't generate revenue for maintain at par US but for reputation and their own convenience at their own cost few corporate hospitals do practice the US pattern to some extent....but if it is implemented at par with US healthcare, then a big revolution can take place in maintaining Indian Healthcare document....few hospitals are aware of MTs are available to maintain their records and are hiring also but are treated as just data entry operators which is the unfortunate thing....lot of awareness is needed among the Indian hospitals about the potential of MTs and how good they can be used in maintaing their records...and if government takes initiatives like mandating health insurance in the country then its going to be boon to MTs and Indian Hospitals in terms of revenue.
(21-10-2017, 02:01 PM)krishna_2484 Wrote:
(17-03-2015, 10:13 AM)admin Wrote: I know a big reputed hospital maintaining records for years, but it is manual. They assign a file to every patient and give the file ID with basic information in the form of an ID card to the patient. Whenever the patient goes to the hospital, he has to take prior appointment by phone and they will pull that file from their records room and send it to the doctor who is going to check you.

More or less Indian Hospitals, to my observation, are also maintaining records similar to the US but not in a very precise manner as the US, reasons are many ...such as here our hospitals don't generate revenue for maintain at par US but for reputation and their own convenience at their own cost few corporate hospitals do practice the US pattern to some extent....but if it is implemented at par with US healthcare, then a big revolution can take place in maintaining Indian Healthcare document....few hospitals are aware of MTs are available to maintain their records and are hiring also but are treated as just data entry operators which is the unfortunate thing....lot of awareness is needed among the Indian hospitals about the potential of MTs and how good they can be used in maintaing their records...and if government takes initiatives like mandating health insurance in the country then its going to be boon to MTs and Indian Hospitals in terms of revenue.
It is going to take another 15 -20 years. Aadhar needs to be regularized and perfected first in order to go for such a step by Govt. But eventually, it is going to come

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking home based transcription work fsrussel 0 3,614 11-07-2017, 12:05 AM
Last Post: fsrussel
  Speed in transcription work raovv 0 4,016 13-04-2017, 04:47 PM
Last Post: raovv
  Editing audio file for transcription work. raovv 0 4,927 22-10-2016, 08:04 PM
Last Post: raovv