Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is MT work good to join in todays situation?
i am new here. hello all. iam thinking of joining mt course in vizag but iam very confused about the currant situation regarding mt. is it worthwhile to join mt will i get work after doing the course? i heard that its not the best time as we have speech recognition tools and then there is EMR something happening in america so mts in india will be out of work soon.what is the scope now for those who want to do mt course? those in the field and seniors please provide with info as it will be very very helpful for me and other people like me.thank you.
It is a dying profession. Don't join MT. Read more about it here: http://mtherald.com/awful-future-prospec...-in-india/
"Dying profession" oh my god.. are the job opportunities getting low?
(09-04-2013, 02:50 PM)tc.bhuvana Wrote: "Dying profession" oh my god.. are the job opportunities getting low?

well job opportunities are always there.. its just that there is no growth at all (unless you happen to work inhouse and are really, really lucky) and the salary is also peanuts compared to what people in other professions get..
(09-04-2013, 02:50 PM)tc.bhuvana Wrote: "Dying profession" oh my god.. are the job opportunities getting low?

Work from an office and u will earn well after a couple of years. Later u may work from home in a group of 3-4 HBMTs to continue to earn well as you can take 2-3 accounts. However, even after office experience, if u attempt to work alone from home then you will be EMPTY rather than MT. This is my experienced personal opinion and on top of that you will lose hard earned earlier office based MT skills.
Do not ever be taken in or dream of becoming a home-based medical transcriber fresh after training. At least not until you have had 2-3 years full-time office-based experience in multispecialties.
i am a new comer
(27-07-2013, 10:05 AM)gspal Wrote:

Work from an office and u will earn well after a couple of years. Later u may work from home in a group of 3-4 HBMTs to continue to earn well as you can take 2-3 accounts. However, even after office experience, if u attempt to work alone from home then you will be EMPTY rather than MT. This is my experienced personal opinion and on top of that you will lose hard earned earlier office based MT skills.

I totally disagree on the above on certain aspects, but agree on most of the aspects.

Working from home will never leave you empty as far as you are fully equipped with necessary skills for which you require at least 1-2 years of in-house experience (or even less) depending on the caliber of your learning abilities. The life in his field will not be that bad after a getting the much required experience and knowledge. I would only say those negative comments are unnecessary and would only come from those who are unwilling to explore their potentials. The more you equip with medical terminologies and other aspects that are required for this medical transcription work, the more are your chances of earning equivalent to a software engineer.

All the best to become a successful medical transcriptionist!
I do not agree with him. I have been working for the last 11 years. If you have to earn equal to software people, you have to work around 20 hours a day. Is it possible for a human being to do work that long hours. My opinion is that do not opt for this profession unless you have no other way to earn. It sucks.

(05-09-2013, 06:23 PM)S. Rajavelu Wrote:
(27-07-2013, 10:05 AM)gspal Wrote:

I totally disagree on the above on certain aspects, but agree on most of the aspects.

Working from home will never leave you empty as far as you are fully equipped with necessary skills for which you require at least 1-2 years of in-house experience (or even less) depending on the caliber of your learning abilities. The life in his field will not be that bad after a getting the much required experience and knowledge. I would only say those negative comments are unnecessary and would only come from those who are unwilling to explore their potentials. The more you equip with medical terminologies and other aspects that are required for this medical transcription work, the more are your chances of earning equivalent to a software engineer.

All the best to become a successful medical transcriptionist!
If you are good at English, want to take as profession seriously, join in this Medical Transcription, next 10 years this field surely will be there. Simply one thing observe in this forum and hundreds of medical transcription job postings are happening, if it is dying why companies need people.

One thing is true that this field faced lot of up and downs as it will be there in every field. In 2000, problem happened and 2010. Now the field is ok.

Reg vizag, already 5 Medical transcription companies are there, we also started 30 seater production center recently in vizag.

One thing you see, Mmodel (stanley-morgan), nuance etc companies are investing hundreds of crores still now also, without doing survey will they invest?
(24-11-2013, 05:08 AM)venugopalarao Wrote: If you are good at English, want to take as profession seriously, join in this Medical Transcription, next 10 years this field surely will be there. Simply one thing observe in this forum and hundreds of medical transcription job postings are happening, if it is dying why companies need people.

One thing is true that this field faced lot of up and downs as it will be there in every field. In 2000, problem happened and 2010. Now the field is ok.

Reg vizag, already 5 Medical transcription companies are there, we also started 30 seater production center recently in vizag.

One thing you see, Mmodel (stanley-morgan), nuance etc companies are investing hundreds of crores still now also, without doing survey will they invest?
Because in US, a rule has been passed that by 2016, that every physician or hospital should use EMR...no outsourcing ..and also they are giving discount on joining EMR for them.
That's the case for fear of this dyeing business.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good to see forum online again gama 1 6,994 26-09-2017, 10:35 AM
Last Post: sparapatineni
  good news Mt blaze 0 3,507 20-11-2015, 08:05 AM
Last Post: Mt blaze
  Looking for good Medical Transcript Training Institute aishah 4 11,482 10-10-2015, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Pepzy
  Changing industry - good or bad - at whose cost curse2bmt 0 4,082 28-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Last Post: curse2bmt
  Any good general transcription forums? gspal 0 7,826 12-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Last Post: gspal